Alison Steedman is the editor at Dating & Hookup. She lives in Los Angeles with her boyfriend and their histrionic cat, Charles Dickens, where she still carries on a nostalgic and long-distance love affair with her 20's in Brooklyn, NY. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @yosteedman, and you can also send her your writing at [email protected], both of which make her very happy.
They have over 146-custom made outfits. And every day his tie matches her dress.
Check in Friday married. Check out Sunday divorced. Do you think this would work?
Also, not another reality TV show…please? Please?
Meet Alex and Siobhan Rodgers, the first known couple to get married off of Chatroulette. Watch out eHarmony…or maybe not.
According to The Daily Mail, they immediately “clicked.” Wah-waa.
Last night I went to a paintball birthday party. It was awesome, and it got me thinking. 1) Why have have I never done this before? 2) It would be the most funnest non-date ever. And so I present to you…
8 Reasons You Should Go Paintballing with Your dah
1. You’ve gotten more drinks with your Ego Booster / Hot Sex Prospect / Boyfriend Prospect than you can count.
2. It’s pretty badass. Like being in a way funner Rambo without all the death.
3. It hurts but not that bad, actually. Trust me, I got hit in the head three times and also in the ladyparts. I’m still alive.
4. It’s a bonding experience. You get to compare paintball bruises (See figure 1.) and recount things later together like, “Oh man, he just came around that tree and I LIT HIM UP!!”
5. You learn a lot about people. For example, I start talking like I’m in the army. At one point, I literally caught myself hissing, “I see you, you little bitch behind the barrel. Meet my gun!!!” Also, I assassinated my boyfriend twice and hit him in the face once so hard that the paint went through his mask and into his mouth. He still loves me. (I swear he just kept getting in my line of fire.)
6. You can’t spend three hours getting dressed, because you want to be wearing the ugliest, and thickest pieces of clothing you own. Don’t wash your hair. You will get paint in it.
8. And above all, paintballing lacks pretensions. It’s just a bunch of people running around a field whooping like banshees and being themselves. Which is good. Because at their core, good relationships are as much comfortable and inelegant as they are romantic and lovely.
Figure 1, My Battle Scars
Exercise, it would appear, has a powerful effect on sex. Add that to the reasons my doctor once told me, “Exercise is the most powerful drug I’ve ever seen in action.”
As if you needed another reason to watch this.
Ah, the sweet uncertainty of a text message. Is he/she ignoring you? Are they just busy? Why haven’t you heard back? WHEN WILL YOU HEAR BACK.
As if we needed matters to complicate, Facebook messenger for your phone and iMessage have recently introduced read receipts that will tell you if, when, and in the case of Facebook exactly WHERE, someone has read your message and vice versa. Thus, the how-soon-is-too-soon-to-respond conundrum just got more complicated. Because if someone can see when you’ve read their text, they also can see how long it took you to write back.
Though, in iMessage, you can turn read receipts off, at least in your outgoing messages. Meaning, you can keep private when you read other people’s messages. But, if the person you’re texting with has read receipts enabled you’ll still be able to see when they’ve read your message whether you want to or not.
Thanks, Facebook and iPhone. Though, at some point, we really have to just give up. Reply if and when you want to reply. Don’t drive yourselves crazy.
Details and screenshots here.
datingandhookup.com is a website that explores modern romance in the Millennial era – which, let’s be honest, looks nothing like we were taught to expect. We feature essays, advice and social commentary with humor, compassion and brains, and we vow never, ever to publish a piece called “The 10 Best Ways to Satisfy Your Man in Bed”. Do click to submit your work to us. We love you.
Follow me on Twitter